Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tilus, a new form of micropoetry


Grey sky, river, bridges
Fragrance of
Spring


Tree shedding its acorn
Rain all night
Rain

Let yourself float downstream
On the Rhine
High

Mighty river flowing
The seagull
White

Golden light upon Rhine
Clouds in blue
Sky

Even in the forest
Shadows and
Light


The leaves are perfect now
In late spring
Green

Heads together they keep
Their voices
Low

Cherry blossoms falling
Paint the ground
Pink



Recently I've seen Björn using a three line form of poem, which is called Tilus. Kelvin S.M created this form of micropoetry. He explains it in this way: "The form is divided into two parts: the first part is composed of two lines following a 6-3 syllable count; the second part, a one-syllable word to close and/or complete the subject layered in the first part." For the full text look at the link given below.
It isn't a haiku. But if you are fond of haiku like myself, you also likeother forms of brevity. The tilus is like an arrow.
After I've used it myself, where should have used haiku, I was please to see that also Kristjaan played with the new form.
I hope that more people of the haiku community will use this new form. I wish good luck to Kelvin and the tilus!

Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment