Sunday, December 21, 2014

Southern African Power Plug


I'm interested in practical solutions. I always travel with an adapter for electical plugs as these differ immensely. Before travelling to the Southern African countries I consulted three guide books, but none told anything about the African plug. I travel with a sophisticated adapter, I guess MacGyver would have used it or better he would have used his Swiss army knife to create one; it's compact and so far has worked always . It also worked in Southern Africa as high end hotels and lodges provide a panel of different sockets, so that I could use my adapter to fit in. But there is no way to use this adapter with African sockets.

My advice for people travelling in remote areas or on a shoe string: invest in second adapter (from African socket to one with broader distibution.


The adapter I use




No comments:

Post a Comment