Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Carpe Diem Haiku Writing Techniques No. 23 finding the divine in the common


Gold Kinkaku-ji
The visitors should look at
Tea pavilion


A calligraphy
Hung in the tokonoma
Silence at its’ best

 

Water rushes down
The crevisses and over rocks
To rest in the pond

 

While we are sleeping
The mind keeps on wandering
Through the universe

Kinkaku-ji (金閣寺), is a temple in Kyoto, literally "Temple of the Golden Pavilion").
Tokonoma (床の間) is a special corner or recessed space as big as a wardrobe in a Japanese style room for flowers (Ikebana) or calligraphy.




5 comments:

  1. I especially enjoyed your last haiku though all are truly beautiful and so are your wonderful illustrations .. I love "to sleep, perhaps to dream". Bastet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is my favorite too but they are all captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful examples of the writing technique. I thought I could pick a favorite but each time I read through them a different one emerged as the favorite. love each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful conception around the temple.

    ReplyDelete